Visits designed specifically for Early Years settings.
Also available as a STATION VISIT
Your Railway Experience visit combines early years learning opportunities with the experience of travelling through the Hampshire Countryside behind a restored steam locomotive to create a big day out for younger visitors.
You will be met at Alresford station by one of our Education Department staff who will direct you to your reserved carriage.
Our learning activities give pupils the chance to explore Ropley station, home of our engineering workshops and locomotive yard.
Choose from a range of activities for your group and still have plenty of time for a picnic lunch.
The session will include:
• A return journey behind one of our heritage engines
• The opportunity to explore a restored period station
• Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
Choose your activities from :
• Go exploring at Ropley - explore, observe, follow the restoration trail.
• How big is a Locomotive - maths and measurement
• Get Arty - work cooperatively to produce art work to take back to your setting.
• Whistles and flags - role play and dressing up
• Shape Hunters - discover the shapes of simple locomotive components and then hunt them out around the station.
Children £9, Adults £14 but 1 adult free for every 10 fare paying children, including train travel. Under 2s travel free and pay £2.50 for their visit.
Please book your session early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also available as a Station Visit at Ropley Station.
From February - November, on non running days, you can carry out the Learning Activities (i.e. without train travel) basing your visit in our Education Room at Ropley Station and choosing 2 activities. Please contact the Education Office for current availability, £2.50 / pupil, adults free. Minimum charge £45