This Station Visit is an ideal class trip when there are no trains running. The session is designed to inspire your groupís Design and Technology learning by studying the construction and use of railway bridges.
The session will include:
- The opportunity to explore a restored period station
- Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
- A team-work exercise to promote communication and planning
A choice of educational activities including:
- Study of bridge construction. A tour of Ropley station will provide your group with examples of bridge building for your group to determine the different materials and techniques used.
- Evaluating past and present designs. With the use of plans, photographs and their own sketches, your group will compare and contrast different design features.
- Why did the railway build bridges? Using scientific and geographical investigation, your group will learn why the Watercress Line needs bridges.
The dayís learning will culminate with the Build-a-Bridge Competition that will put your groupsí knowledge and what they have seen to the test.
£2.50 per child (minimum charge £45), please book your session early to avoid disappointment.
For more information click here or to book please email email@example.com