This Railway Experience is designed to extend your groupís learning of the construction and use of railway bridges.
The session will include:
- A return journey behind one of our heritage engines
- The opportunity to explore a restored period station
- Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
- A team-work exercise to promote communication and planning
The choice of educational activities includes:
- How are railways built? Using Ropley station as a backdrop, your group will identify materials and techniques used to build of different types of bridge.
- Evaluating past and present designs. Alton and Ropley stations provide your group with the opportunity to compare and contrast old and new bridges.
- Why does the railway need bridges? Using the geography of Alresford station, your group will consider why the Watercress Line needs bridges.
The dayís learning will culminate with the Build-a-Bridge Competition that will put your groupsí knowledge and what they have seen to the test.
Children £9, Adults £14 but 1 adult free for every 10 fare paying children. Please book your session early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to book please email email@example.com