This session is designed enhances your groupís learning about childrenís lives during WW2 with a choice of hands-on activities.
The session will include:
- A return journey behind one of our heritage engines
- The opportunity to explore a restored period station
- Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
- The opportunity to come to the Watercress Line dressed as evacuees
- Your groupís own Billeting Officer to greet group and see you safely on the train
- The issue of Identity Cards to all members
A choice of educational activities including:
- Make Do & Mend. A chance for your group to learn how clothing and household items were repaired and reused during WW2.
- Talk to an Evacuee. This is a unique opportunity for your group to listen to a primary source discussing what childhood was like during the war.
- Wartime Railways. During a tour of our Loco Yard, your group will discover the role railways played during the war and the challenges they faced.
- Ethel and George take part in Operation Pied Piper. Your group have the opportunity to pack a suitcase in time for Operation Pied Piper; will they do a practical job or forget something vital?
- Rationing and pre-decimal money. This activity will introduce your group to the importance of rationing during the war and will test their maths skills with the use of pre-decimal money.
For more information or to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org