Mid Week Education Sessions, which include a train ride, begin again on the 3rd May 2016
This Railway Experience is designed to extend your groupís knowledge and understanding of innovation and engineering during the Victorian era.
The session will include:
- A return journey behind one of our heritage engines
- The opportunity to explore a restored period station
- Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
- Victorian Civil Engineering: The Railway comes to Alresford tour.
The choice of educational activities includes:
- Victorian Innovation: Locomotive Yard visit. See our engines in the yard and learn about how Victorian designers form the foundation for the engines used at the Mid Hants Railway.
- Victorian Bridges: Innovation in materials. Using examples at our Ropley site, your group will be tasked with discovering examples of Victorian building innovations, which helped Britain to forge ahead in the Industrial Revolution.
- What has the tree seen: Discover the Victorian history of our line through stories, pictures, artefacts and role play and in small groups help to construct an event time line.
- Victorian Civil Engineering: Building the railway to Alresford. In 3 groups, your group will: build a 3D contour map of the Alresford area, use a hands-on model to explore cuttings and embankments, and use maths knowledge to work out how much chalk came from the Ropley cutting?
Children £9, Adults £14 but 1 adult free for every 10 fare paying children. Please book your session early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to book please email email@example.com