17th-19th February 2017
Our Pre Spring Gala opens 2017 with a 'Somerset and Dorset' theme.
- Steam crane demonstrations using Ransome & Rapier DS 1580 at Ropley.
- Freight train: The Queen Mary brake will be available for rides on the freight train.
- Come and join one of our guides at Ropley for a free behind-the-scenes tour of our current restoration projects including parts of Canadian Pacific.
- Workshop and loco yard are open for visitors to explore in-progress restoration and non-running fleet.
- Find out the progress of the restoration of Merchant Navy Class Canadian Pacific - get up close to her original cab sides which still bear her 35005 engine number.
- Preservation Society stalls are located in the up-waiting shelter, picnic area and in the Education Viewing Gallery at Ropley.
- Browse our fantastic range of railway merchandise and see the Basingstoke Model Railway Society's 30ft x 10ft 'Ropley' layout in 00 gauge in the Goods Shed, Alresford.
- Behind-the-scene tours of the yard at Medstead & Four Marks. View several of our wagons under restoration including BY S 653 and "Gunpowder" van W 105761. There will also be wagons on display in the crane dock. Find out more at the The Wagon Group stand on the platform.
- NEW Loading Dock and Crane at Medstead & Four Marks constructed by our Building department.
Our home fleet:
Child (aged 2-16 yrs) £10
Family (2 Adults and 2 Children) £50
Multi-day Pass (all three days) £40
Advance tickets include all booking fees and tickets cost the same on the day.
Alresford: Station Car park will be reserved for MHR customers only. Roads to the South of Railway have unrestricted parking , access to the Railway Station can be gained via the footpath next to Sun Lane bridge.
Ropley: Top car park off Bighton Hill (follow Watercress Lodges signs).
Medstead: Saturday and Sunday only - Woodlea Park Industrial Estate (Station Approach, Medstead GU34 5AZ) - follow signs from the A31at Lymington Bottom.
Alton: SWT Carparks (NB there is additional parking behind Waitrose)
Entry is by travel ticket only. Once tickets are purchased they cannot be changed or cancelled for any reason. Site/platform tickets, intermediate fares and discount vouchers, including Tesco Clubcard vouchers, are NOT VALID for this event.
We are unable to offer footplate rides during this event.
Drones must not be operated on or within 50m of Mid Hants Railway property.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.