Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th June 2018
Transport yourself back in time to the 1940s, against the backdrop of a Second World War railway, to experience the 'Blitz Spirit'. View the War on the Line train timetable
Enjoy unlimited train travel and mingle with civilian and military re-enactors, hop off at each station to explore period displays, music, dancing, vintage vehicles and stalls selling retro wares.
Each station provides you with a different experience of life in wartime Britain. Help run the recreated RAF Plotting Room, dance alongside GIs, learn about the ‘Home Front’ and wartime railway manufacturing or have your hair styled for the 40s. There is something different at every station.
War on the Line is as much about reliving this period as enjoying the rush of the steam engine.
Whether the day out means the chance to dress up in your own period costume, or just to come along to soak up the atmosphere, War on the Line is a unique way to enjoy a day on the railway.Keep up-to-date with the latest War on the Line news by joining our event page on Facebook
ALL DAY FARES:
Child (aged 2-16 yrs) £10
Child under 2 yrs FREE
Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) £46
- Please direct event information emails to email@example.com
- FREE parking in the field at Ropley SO24 0BL
- Alive in 45 offer: Pre-booked tickets by application only and is now CLOSED. Applications by email is for collection at Ropley on the day only.
- Entry to this special event is by travel ticket only. Once tickets are purchased they cannot be changed or cancelled for any reason. Tesco Clubcard vouchers are not valid for this event.
- Re-enactor and Trade applications are now closed.
- Please note that AXIS troops are not permitted.
Dates for your diary
War on the Line 2019 - 15th & 16th June 2019. We are planning a bumper event in 2019 to mark the 75th Anniversary of the D Day landings.