3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th - 24th December 2016
See Santa on a magical steam train ride on the scenic Watercress Line - the perfect way to start Christmas!
As you travel in a festive traditional train carriage Santa and his jolly helpers visit you in your seat with a special gift! There is white wine and mince pies for the grown-ups and soft drinks for the children. Donít forget to bring your very best singing voice to join in with your favourite Christmas songs too!
Departing from either Alresford or Alton, Santa Specials are a one hour round trip back to your start point.
Santa Specials are advance booking only.
3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th-23rd December
Child age 1 - 16yrs £18
Baby under 1 year £10
Child age 1 - 16yrs £19
Baby under 1 year £11
Fares include all booking fees. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
*Please note that seat allocations for early bookings will not begin until mid August; e tickets and posted tickets will be sent to you after this date.
Please note the below before booking:
- Please ensure you have the correct date, time and total number in your party when booking. Changes after submission will be charged a £10 admin fee.
- This event uses electronic tickets that you print at home. If you would like printed and posted tickets in a ticket wallet please select this option when booking. All seats on the Santa Specials are numbered and allocated (like theatre tickets).
- Once seats are allocated we are unable to add extras to the party.
- Please make one booking rather than several in different names if you wish to have allocated seats together.
- Wheelchair passengers can be accommodated in a special carriage departing from Alresford ONLY. Please call reservations on 01962 733810 to book tickets in this carriage.
- Promotional offers and TESCO vouchers are NOT valid for Santa Specials.
- We recommend that you book early as dates fill fast. When booking you will be asked for your date, departure station and time of train.
- If you wish to sit with another family it will all need to be on one booking. Seats are in blocks of four around a table - if your party is larger seats will be split across the aisle so that you can all see each other. Please be aware however, in this situation, you may be sharing that table with another party.
- You will be asked for the ages of the child(ren) in December so that we can give the correct age appropriate gift. It does not matter if this is a little inaccurate, as each child will be asked on the day by Santa and his helpers. If you feel a child over 3 years is mature for their age you may select the next age bracket. However, legal safety restrictions apply to toys for children under 3 years.
- Babies under 1 year are not allocated a seat but are given a gift for 0-12 months to ensure Santa treats every child equally. As Santa visits your family as a whole it is very difficult to exclude Baby from the experience, and it can cause great upset for older siblings.
- Upon booking you will receive a confirmation email which is your proof of receipt. Bookings will then be allocated seats by us and you will be sent an e-ticket to print out at home. Should you wish to receive printed tickets by post you can choose to do so at the point of booking. Please note that the allocation process is not immediate and e-tickets/printed tickets may take a few weeks to arrive.
- There are no concessions for senior citizens, disabled passengers and carers on Santa Specials as everyone receives the same experience.
- Assistance dogs only.
When You Arrive:
Children are given a soft drink only and not a snack on the train. Adults receive white wine or a soft drink and a mince pie. You are welcome to bring your own snacks with you; please put your rubbish in the bin bags provided at the end of the journey.
If you are dissatisfied with your child's gift in any way please speak to Santa's helpers to exchange it.
Due to the footbridges on the platforms and internal dimensions of carriages please do not bring pushchairs and prams into the station. We advise you to carry babies and small children on to the trains or use a portable car seat/baby carrier.
If you are departing from Alresford station and have restricted mobility, and are therefore unable to cross the footbridge at the end of the journey, please contact a member of staff on arrival at Alresford for alternative instructions. At Alton station the new SWT footbridge with lifts is now open.
Please allow plenty of time (approx 30 mins) for parking and possibly a 5 to 10 minute walk to the stations, to arrive at the station 15mins before your departure.
Please click here for general parking information.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.