2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 21st-24th December 2017
See Santa on a magical steam train ride on the scenic Watercress Line - the perfect way to celebrate Christmas.
As you travel in a festive traditional train carriage, Santa and his jolly helpers visit you in your seat with a special gift. There is white wine and mince pies for the grown-ups and soft drinks for the children*. Donít forget to bring your very best singing voice to join in with your favourite Christmas songs too!
We would advise you to book online in advance, however, there is a possibility that we may have availability on the day (weekdays only) . Please call 01962 733810.
*We offer children's lunch boxes for only £3.95 at our West Country Buffet in Alresford. You'll find a Christmas card to colour in with crayons included.
Departing from either Alresford or Alton, the Santa Special is a one hour round trip back to your starting point.
2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 21st-23rd December
Adult - £18
Child aged 1 - 16 years - £18
Baby under 1 year - £10
Adult - £19
Child aged 1 - 16 years - £19
Baby under 1 year - £11
Fares include all booking fees. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Promotional offers and TESCO vouchers are NOT valid for Santa Specials.
Please note the below before booking:
- Please ensure you have the correct date, time and total number in your party when booking. Changes after submission will be charged a £10 admin fee.
- This event uses electronic tickets that you print at home. If you would like printed and posted tickets in a ticket wallet please select this option when booking. All seats on the Santa Specials are numbered and allocated (like theatre tickets).
- Once seats are allocated, if additional tickets are bought we cannot guarantee we will be able to add extras to the party, but will do our best. Please make one booking rather than several in different names if you wish to have seats allocated together.
- Seats are in blocks of four around a table - if your party is larger seats will be split across the aisle so that you can all see each other. Please be aware however, in this situation, you may be sharing that table with another party.
- You will be asked for the ages of the child(ren) so that we can give the correct age appropriate gift. It does not matter if this is a little inaccurate, as each child will be asked on the day by Santa and his helpers (legal safety restrictions apply to toys for children under 3 years).
- Babies under 1 year are not allocated a seat but are given a gift.
- There are no concessions for senior citizens, disabled passengers and carers on Santa Specials as everyone receives the same experience.
- Assistance dogs only.
- Wheelchair passengers can be accommodated in a special carriage departing from Alresford ONLY. Please call reservations on 01962 733810 to book tickets in this carriage.
When You Arrive:
Due to the footbridges on the platforms and internal dimensions of carriages please do not bring pushchairs and prams into the station. We advise you to carry babies and small children on to the trains or use a portable car seat/baby carrier.
If you are departing from Alresford station and have restricted mobility, and are therefore unable to cross the footbridge at the end of the journey, please contact a member of staff on arrival at Alresford for alternative instructions. At Alton station the new SWT footbridge with lifts is now open.
Please allow plenty of time (approx 30 mins) for parking and possibly a 5 to 10 minute walk to the stations, to arrive at the station 15mins before your departure.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.