All aboard for a Day Out With Thomas!
5th - 13th August 2017
Open 9am - 5pm
Meet Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends here at the Watercress Line. Come and experience a ride on a real steam engine, shake hands with The Fat Controller and take part in Thomas themed activities in the Imagination Station. Make their day a Day Out With Thomas and book your tickets now!
The travel ticket includes all the above and so much more!
- An entire day's travel on the big steam trains that run up and down the whole line.
(These trains run approximately every 30-40 minutes from 9:35am to 4:30pm).
- A free Thomas sticker and Day Out With Thomas certificate.
- Unlimited rides behind Thomas in his carriages or in Toad the Brake Van
- Unlimited rides with Iron 'Arry and a friend of Diesel's - you can even get in the cab with the driver!
LOTS of FREE activities!
- Meet a friend of Bulgy the Bus and Trevor the Traction Engine
- See a friend of Rocky the Breakdown Crane
Easy to find!
- Just 7 miles from Winchester on the A31 - simply follow the yellow AA signs for Day Out With Thomas to the FREE parking at Ropley Station in the field!
- Or catch the regular South West Trains service to Alton from London Waterloo.
- Pay and display parking is also available at Alresford and Alton Stations.
Full of facilities!
- FREE buggy park, picnic storage, baby feeding and nappy changing at Ropley Station.
- Toilets are available on all steam train services and at all stations.
- Baby changing facilities at Alresford, Ropley & Alton.
- Meals and snacks available from The West Country Buffet at Alresford station.
- Refreshments available from stands at Ropley station and onboard buffet cars
- Picnic areas overlooking Ropley and Alresford stations
- Day Out With Thomas gift shops at Alresford, Ropley and Alton stations.
There's so much to see and do we recommend arriving before lunch to ensure you fit everything in!
Children of 14 years of age and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Trains run between 9.35am and 4.30pm.
The Imagination Station is open at Alresford from 10.30am - 4.30pm, entry is strictly by travel ticket only.
'Thomas' gives short rides at Ropley station, he does not pull any passenger trains.
© 2016 HIT Entertainment Limited.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.