Quality Local Ales
Our famous Real Ale Train, or RAT as it is affectionately known, continues its tradition of serving real ale from a restored bar carriage pulled by a steam locomotive. We select up to 2 local breweries from Hampshire and the surrounding counties for each train, including Bowmans, Itchen Valley, Ballards Brewery, Triple fff, Oakleaf, Red Cat and more!
Pub Busting Prices
Train fares are only £15* per person and just £2 per pint!
FREE Pint voucher when booking more than 3 days in advance.
Enjoy two round trips from Alton to Alresford.
*Train fare includes £1 booking fee
These glasses are only available to purchase on the RAT at £5 per pint glass.
We politely ask that, with the exception of celebration cakes, only food and drink purchased onboard may be consumed on the RAT.
What our Customers Say:
"Just wanted to say a big & heartfelt visitor thank you! We came down last Saturday, & really enjoyed yet another trip on your unique RAT We've all been before & recognised the same warmly friendly faces behind the barrels, serving the food & generally welcoming us as guards etc. We appreciate the choosing & setting up of the high quality beers, the logistics of supplying delicious, hot & reasonably priced food, but overall it is such a friendly & relaxed evening with such an enjoyable atmosphere that we can't stay away! Many thanks from all of us, & keep up the splendid work!"
- Due to the popularity of our RAT's, these trains are advance booking only.
- The RAT departs ALTON station 7.20pm, returning to Alton approx 10.30pm (connects with the 10:44pm South West Trains departure from Alton, plus two further services after that).
- Due to the internal dimensions of our RAT coaches, physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
- To drink alcohol on our RAT you must be 18+ years
- Cancellations: We regret that there can be no refund for ‘no show’ customers. Cancellations notified in writing, at least four weeks before the booked date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee; shorter notice cancellations are not entitled to a refund but the company will try to re-sell the tickets. If a purchaser is found then the cost, less an administration charge of £10, will be refunded.
- For more than 10 tickets the quantity can be changed in your shopping basket.
The company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary, for whatever reason.