We have so much on offer for all of the family, take a look at our list of highlights below.
- The young engineers trail - pick up a free trail leaflet at Ropley and follow the route, find all six rubbings along the trail and see restoration in action!
- Harry Potter bridge - walk in Harry's footsteps over the real Kings Cross bridge where Harry received his Hogwarts Express ticket in the film.
- Children's play area in Ropley - perfect for young visitors, with picnic benches near by so you can enjoy your lunch over looking the Loco Yard whilst your children play.
- Children's activity sheets - free activity sheets are available from our booking offices with colouring in, puzzles, games and quizzes for different ages.
- Get up close to our locos in the loco yard - see how big the wheels are!
- Pop up to our Viewing Gallery and see the locos being restored from above
- Chat to our friendly station staff to learn more about the railway - if the signalman isn't busy, why not take a peek inside the signal box or say hello to the driver while the train takes on water.
- Our miniature railway is also included in your ticket and runs during every special event and every Saturday in April up to the end of October.
Children's Picnic Boxes: Pick up a children's picnic box from the West Country Buffet at Alresford station with a selection of delicious treats to enjoy at one of our picnic spots or even on the train!
Pop into our shop at Alresford - we have a fantastic range of gifts including Thomas the Tank Engine sets, party bag fillers, books, sweets and lots more!
Did you know you can have your children's birthday party with us? We offer packages with or without a train ride
We also run a variety of family events throughout the year including: