The Watercress Line is located just off the A31, about seven miles from Winchester.
There are four stations on the line at the following locations:
- Alresford - Station Road SO24 9JG
- Ropley - Bighton Hill SO24 9SQ
- Medstead & Four Marks - Station Approach GU34 5EN
- Alton - Station Road GU34 2PZ
We recommend visitors start their journey with us from either Alresford or Alton. A31 to Alresford or Alton stations. Follow the brown tourist signs to the Watercress Line. Parking is available at Alresford and Alton. Information on our accessibility and provision for disabled parking can be found here.
- Alresford: 30p per hour, £1.50 for over 4 hours (free Sundays and public holidays holidays). Coin only. This car park is operated by Winchester City Council. There is additional parking at Perins school on levels 2 and 3 during school holidays.
- Alton: £9.30 weekdays and £3.50 weekends (pay with card or over the phone). Please be advised spaces may be limited here. This car park is operated by South Western Railway.
We have a mainline link at Alton station, where South Western Railway operate platforms 1 & 2 and the Watercress Line runs from platform 3. Please purchase your Watercress Line tickets on arrival at Alton from our shop on Platform 3.