For the safety of visitors and staff and to comply with the law and government guidance we have had to make some adjustments:
- For standard travel, the train service has been adjusted to increase the length of the trip a little and give you extra time at Ropley where you can enjoy the open air and spacious surroundings. Click here for more details.
- Seats will be allocated and visitors asked to use only their allocated seats on the train booked
To keep you safe we are:
•Managing the number of people that can visit at any one time
•Allocating seats on your train which are socially distanced from other family groups
•Cleaning carriages internally after every trip
•Cleaning external door handles frequently
•Creating one-way systems through carriages
•Locking on-train toilets so they are out of use, and increasing the cleaning frequency of station toilets
•Ensuring our staff and volunteers do not report to work if they are affected by the virus
You can help us by:
•Not arriving more than 20 minutes before your booked departure
•Keeping to your allocated seats and avoiding moving around the train
•Keeping social distanced from our staff and other visitors at all times
•Waiting for station staff to open and close carriage doors for you
•Except in an emergency, following one-way systems on board the trains and at the stations
•Wearing a face covering whilst on board any train, to comply with legislation relating to public transport
The law requires a face covering whilst on board the train unless:
- You are with your family group or linked family group in a compartment
- You are eating or drinking
- You are under 3 years old.
- If you are 11 years or under you can choose to wear a face covering
- You have a medical or other exemption described on the government website.
Anyone arriving on the day with symptoms of Covid-19 will be refused entry and not be eligible for a refund. Anyone developing symptoms prior to the event and notifying the railway will receive a full refund.