• Your basket is empty

Home Page » Support Us » Legacies


Legacies are a vital source of support for the MHRPS.

Major projects typically need a financial ‘kick start’ and these are often funded by those who have generously chosen to leave a legacy to MHRPS.

We would appreciate you considering making a charitable gift to MHRPS as part of your will. We recommend that you consult a Solicitor to draw up a will or to update it to include a legacy to MHRPS. A Solicitor can advise you which form of gift is appropriate for you and to ensure that your will is simple to execute.

If you would like to receive our leaflet about Legacies or would like to discuss a Legacy in confidence, then please Contact us.

Making a Will

It is important that everyone makes a will to ensure that your estate goes to whomever you choose. Leaving a will ensures that your wishes are carried out, leaving no doubt or uncertainty for those you leave behind. A will can also include a gift to a charity or charities of your choice. Anyone can leave a charitable gift in their will. It can be a simple cash payment or a percentage of the remaining or residuary estate. Should you so choose, please be assured that whatever the size of your gift, it will be most warmly received by the Mid Hants Railway.

How to Leave a Legacy

Simply let your solicitor know that you would like to include a gift to the Mid Hants Railway Preservation Society and provide our full address and charity registration number:

Mid Hants Railway Preservation Society, The Railway Station, New Alresford, Hampshire SO24 9JG

Registered Charity No. 284406

Inheritance Tax

Leaving charitable gifts in your will can help you to reduce the value of your estate liable for Inheritance Tax.

The current taxable threshold stands at £325,000. Above this amount, subject to certain provisions and exemptions, everything can be taxed at a rate of 40%.

Charitable gifts are tax exempt, and so by leaving a gift to the Mid Hants Railway you could reduce the amount of tax paid after your death.

For further information, consult HM Revenue & Customs or your Financial Advisor.

« Back To Support Us