This Railway Experience session will extend your groupís learning of the construction and use of railway bridges.
The session will include:
- A return journey behind one of our heritage engines
- The opportunity to explore a restored period station
- Education activities lead by the Watercress Line Education Department
- A team-work exercise to promote communication and planning
The choice of educational activities including:
- Study of bridge construction. A tour of Ropley station will provide your group with different bridge examples to enable them to investigate the materials and techniques used in railway bridge construction.
- Evaluating past and present designs. Alton and Ropley stations provide your group with the opportunity to compare and contrast old and new bridges.
- Why does the railway build bridges? Using scientific and geographical investigation, your group will learn why the Watercress Line needs bridges.
The dayís learning will culminate with the Build-a-Bridge Competition that will put your groupsí knowledge and what they have seen to the test.
Children £9, Adults £14 but 1 adult free for every 10 fare paying children. Please book your session early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to book please email firstname.lastname@example.org