Explorer Journey - Self Led Visits available from the beginning of May till the end of September 2020.
Book your class on an Explorer Journey and design and present your own learning session.
- Explorer Journey - A self-led return journey along the Watercress Line, taking in the atmosphere and scenery and stopping off at Ropley station along the way.
To Book: Please contact the Education Office for availability via firstname.lastname@example.org. We require a £50 deposit to secure your date.
Visits are subject to availability on any mid-week running day May –September. Click here for this year's running days.
Your Explorer Journey includes:
- Arrive by 10.30 ready for your train departure from Alresford station at 11am.
- Free coach/ mini bus parking at Alresford station.
- You will be in reserved seating for all your railway journeys.
- Break your journey at Ropley:
- Either - Arrive by train at Ropley at 11.16 for activities and lunch, depart Ropley at 13.16 for train trip to Alton, staying on the train to return to Alresford.
- Or - Take your train trip from Alresford to Alton, staying on the train to return to at Ropley at 12.27 for lunch and activities. Depart Ropley at 14.27 for return to Alresford.
- You can use the Restoration route at Ropley to guide a tour and downloadable maps are available from our web site.
- We have a large picnic area available at Ropley station and in the event of poor weather we will provide shelter for your lunch break.
- You return to Alresford at the end of the day at 14:35 pm.
Prices: Children £7; Adults, 1 adult free for every 10 fare paying children; also free are carers or staff working 1/1; all additional adults pay a concessionary fare of £14.
Please book your session early to avoid disappointment.