1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 19th-24th December 2018
See Santa on a magical steam train ride on the scenic Watercress Line - the perfect way to celebrate Christmas.
Departures from Alresford Station, where available are at
10:40, 12:15, 1:50 and 3:25
Departures from Alton Station, where available are at
10:00, 11:35, 1:10 and 2:45
Travel in a festive train carriage for a magical trip where Santa and his jolly helpers visit you in your seat with a gift. Grown-ups get treated to white wine and mince pies, whilst children enjoy a soft drink and a gingerbread man. Each child will also receive an activity pack to keep them entertained on this enchanting one hour journey. Donít forget to bring your very best singing voice to join in with your favourite Christmas songs too!
Advanced booking is essential for this popular event.
Fares (includes booking fees)
1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 19th-23rd December
Adult - £18
Child aged 1 - 16 years - £18
Baby under 1 year - £10
Adult - £19
Child aged 1 - 16 years - £19
Baby under 1 year - £11
Please note the below before booking:
- Fares are non-transferable and non-refundable
- Please ensure you have the correct date, time and total number in your party when booking. Changes after submission will be charged a £10 admin fee per booking.
- This event uses e-tickets that you print at home. For printed tickets please select this option when booking.
- All seats on the Santa Specials are numbered and allocated (like theatre tickets).
- Once seats are allocated, if additional tickets are bought we cannot guarantee we will be able to add extras to the party, but will do our best.
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are in blocks of four around a table - if your party is larger, seats will be split across the aisle so that you can all see each other. Please be aware however, in this situation, you may be sharing that table with another party.
- Please note gifts are only given to children, when booking you will be asked for the ages of the child(ren) so that we can give the correct age appropriate gift.
- Babies under the age of 12 months will be sat on the lap of an accompanying adult and will receive a gift from Santa.
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer our carer concession on Santa Specials.
- Assistance dogs only.
- Wheelchair passengers can be accommodated in a special carriage departing from Alresford ONLY. Please call reservations on 01962 733810 as it is necessary to pre-book tickets in this carriage.
Parking information and before you arrive:
- Please do not bring pushchairs or prams into the station (due to footbridges and carriage aisles we can not accommodate these).
- For limited mobility, passengers departing from Alresford please contact a uniformed member of staff before your journey. At Alton station the SWR footbridge has lifts.
- Please allow approx 30 mins for parking and possibly a 10 minute walk to the station, to arrive at the station 15 mins before your departure.
- Parking at Alresford can be difficult as limited spaces are available, we have volunteers on hand at Alresford station car park and at Perins car park to assist with parking. When you arrive at the car park please make yourself known to a volunteer and they will guide you to a space.
- Departing from either Alresford or Alton station, the Santa Special is a one hour round trip back to your starting point.
- Alton station postcode: GU34 2PZ. Alresford Station postcode SO24 9JG
- Please click here for general parking information
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.