Footplate ride £100
Approx duration 45 - 60 mins
This is the perfect taster experience and includes all day standard travel and lunch for the participant and one guest.
Experience life on the footplate as you ride on board one of our magnificent steam locomotives hauling a passenger service through stunning Hampshire countryside. Join our crews for a journey ‘over the Alps’ and experience the thrill of the sights, sounds, smell and heat of a steam engine footplate. Our expert and highly experienced engine crews will answer questions and point out various points of interest during your journey.
Simply purchase this gift experience as a voucher valid for 12 months from date of purchase*. The recipient then books their experience directly with us. Footplate rides are available on all days of standard steam service but exclude special event days. All dates and times are subject to availability.
Maximum of one participant per ride.
If you are after a more hands on experience see our Introductory and Advanced Driving and Firing Experiences, where you are in control!
* Booking includes Footplate Ride voucher only. Once the date is confirmed the recipient will be sent a standard travel voucher and two lunch vouchers for the same date.
THE PARTICIPANT MUST:
* Be aged over 16 years.
* Be reasonably fit and in good health - fit enough to climb on and off the locomotive from ground level unaided.
* Wear old clothing that fully covers your arms and legs.
* Wear sturdy shoes / boots that protect your feet - trainers are definitely not permitted.
* Not attend the ride / experience under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Locomotives will be used from the current fleet available and cannot be specified in advance.
Please note that the Mid Hants Railway reserves the right to reschedule a Footplate Ride for whatever reason.