Demand for some services is high so enter a range of dates and the system will show you available services for each day
Friday 16th - Sunday 18th October 2020
We look forward to welcoming you to our three day weekend. There will be steam locomotives operating a varied timetable from 9am to 5pm each day.
Theme: 'The Pines Express'
We are thrilled to welcome the visiting engine: Stanier ‘Jubilee’ 4-6-0 45596 ‘Bahamas’, courtesy of Bahamas Locomotive Society. The engine was designed by Sir William Stanier as a locomotive capable of hauling fast secondary express passenger services between large cities. No. 45595 'Bahamas' was built by the North British Locomotive Company and entered service in January 1935, numbered 5596. In mid-1967 Bahamas was saved for preservation by a community group based in Stockport. A successful Heritage Lottery Fund application in 2012 enabled her overhaul to be undertaken and in September 2018 she was fully restored and in steam.
This will be the first visit ‘south’ for the engine since it was purchased in 1967 and the first time it has visited a heritage line (other than its KWVR home) since 1997.
As well as this visiting engine, the following home-fleet locomotives will be running:
- 7F 53808 (owned by the Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust on long term hire)
- 30506 - SR S15 Class
- 76017 - BR Standard Class 4MT
- 41312 - LMS Ivatt Class 2MT
A freight train and the miniature railway will also be in operation.
Click here for the timetable. Please note this could be subject to change so please just use as a guide.
West Country Buffet at Alresford will be open every day. Click here for the menu.
- Tickets are strictly limited.
- There is a minimum threshold in order for the event to take place, but also a maximum threshold of 500 visitors per day.
If the minimum is not reached, you will receive a refund for your purchased ticket.
- Seats will be allocated for your visit on one of the three passenger sets. You are not able to travel between other passenger sets but all sets will be pulled by all locomotives at some point in the day.
-You can start your journey from any of our stations, this does not need to be specified when booking.
- There are no restrictions on getting on and off the carriages at the stations.
- Please note, regrettably there will be no wheelchair provision in the catering set.
Take advantage of savings if you book early!
|Ticket type||Until midnight Sunday 20th Sept||From Monday 21st Sept||On the day|
|Child (5-16 years)||£18.00||£20.00||£25.00|
|Child (under 5 years)||FREE||FREE||FREE|
|Family (2A+ 2C)||£88.00||£100.00||£115.00|
Entry is by travel ticket only. Site/platform tickets and discount vouchers are NOT VALID for this event.
Please note children under 5 will not receive a seat allocation so will not need a ticket.
Anyone arriving on the day with symptoms of Covid-19 will be refused entry and not be eligible for a refund. Anyone developing symptoms prior to the event and notifying the railway will receive a full refund.
For the safety of visitors, volunteers and staff and to comply with the law and government guidance we have had to make a few adjustments. Click here to see these.
- Ropley Station - We have FREE car parking in a large field next to Ropley station. Postcode SO24 0BL. Disabled drop-off available, then park in the field.
- Alresford Station - Pay and Display. £1.50 for the whole day or free Sundays and Bank Holidays. Disabled parking available.
- Alton Station - Pay and Display. £9.30 all day Monday-Friday, £3.50 all day Saturday-Sunday.
- Medstead & Four Marks Station -There will be no parking available.
Photography and Filming
Visitors are permitted to film and/or photograph at the Mid Hants Railway Ltd for personal use only. Filming and photography for commercial gain is strictly prohibited unless pre-approved by the Company.
Drones must not be operated on or within 50m of Mid Hants Railway property.
The Mid Hants Railway only permits line side access to those with a valid Mid Hants Identity Card and PTS. No other line side access is permitted, including PTS certification issued by other heritage railways, and is viewed as trespass.
We respectfully ask photographers to respect our neighbours private property and remain in publicly accessible areas. Please note that the field and crossing at Wanders Curve between Ropley and Medstead is not publicly accessible land. Thank you.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.
Image for illustration purposes only.
Photo credit for hero banner: John Cooper-Smith; photo credit for thumbnail: John Hillier