20th - 21st and 25th - 28th November
4th-5th, 9th-23rd, 29th-31st December
Steam Illuminations is a unique, pixel mappable digital LED train! It's an incredible light show on and in a steam train, consisting of thousands of fully controllable colour mixing LED lights and LED wristbands. This makes the train look magical both inside and out!
Marvel at the wonderful light show with different colours and flashing patterns, whilst sitting back and relaxing on one of our steam trains as it travels up and down our 10 mile line. Don't miss the static light displays along the line too. You will have a chance to see the outside of the train at the start, middle and end of your journey to capture it by camera.
Popular and traditional music will play along with the lights to enhance your experience.
Trains depart from either Alresford or Alton and complete a round trip, back to the starting station.
This is a wonderful experience for the whole family and is sure to be an event to remember!
CAUTION: This event consists of many flashing lights so may be unsuitable for people suffering from epilepsy.
Ticket details & booking available later in the year.
- Entry is by travel ticket only. Site/platform tickets and discount vouchers are NOT VALID for this event.
- Parents, grandparents or other responsible adults bringing children can take advantage of our family discount. Regrettably we cannot provide any other discounts for this event.
- Regrettably dogs are not allowed at this event, unless they are assistance dogs.
- Please note children under 2 will not receive a seat allocation so will not need a ticket.
- There will be wheelchair provision at this event but passengers will need to start their journey at Alresford.
- As per government guidelines for England, we will not accept bookings for groups of more than six people, including under 2s.
Anyone arriving on the day with symptoms of Covid-19 will be refused entry and not be eligible for a refund. Anyone developing symptoms prior to the event and notifying the railway will receive a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no Santa at this event. We have a separate Santa event, called Father Christmas at the Watercress Line.
Alresford Station - Pay and Display. £1.50 for the whole day or free Sundays and Bank Holidays. Disabled parking available.
Alton Station - Pay and Display. £9.30 all day Monday-Friday (£3.50 after 12pm Monday-Friday), £3.50 all day Saturday-Sunday.
Partnering with Purple Lighting LTD.