In partnership with Winchester Distillery and Pulpo Negro, we invite you to join us on our inaugural gin train for a truly unique adventure travelling through the rolling Hampshire countryside, sipping gin cocktails and enjoying a delicious two course meal, all experienced onboard a nostalgic steam train.
Awaken your senses with three delicious and different gin cocktails all crafted with local botanicals and Fever-Tree mixers.
Enjoy an array of tantalising authentic Spanish tapas followed by a mouth-watering main course from Hampshire's legendary Pulpo Negro.
Your evening package will include:
- Branded glass to take home
- Three delicious gin cocktails from Winchester Distillery
- A seated two course meal from Pulpo Negro
- Two return journeys from Alresford to Alton on a steam train
- The Gin Train is advance booking only.
- To be on our Gin Train you must be 18+ years.
- You will be allocated seats, please check your eticket for your number.
- If you wish to sit with another party, please make the booking in one name.
- Seats are available in blocks of two or four around a table - if your party is larger, or of an odd number, you have the bonus of meeting new friends.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your booking by return. Your ticket with your seat allocation will follow.
- We are unable to offer any group discounts or concessions.
- Please arrive at Alresford Station by 6.45pm. The train will depart at 7.20pm and arrive back in Alresford at 10.40pm.
- For those travelling from Alton or Winchester please click here for bus times
- Any subsequent drinks (after the three cocktails) can be purchased at a cost of £5.
- Please ensure you bring cash for additional drinks as credit and debit cards cannot be used on the train.
- Customers with limited mobility can use their wheelchair to board the service but, due to the internal dimensions of our carriages, wheelchairs cannot then be used for access to seats or for mobility once on board.