15th and 16th Sept 2018
FREE entry and extra activities on this weekend for MHRPS members and shareholders of the Mid Hants Railway Ltd and Wadebridge shareholders.
WHAT TO SEE:
- View our current restoration projects at Ropley. Explore the yard, Engineering Shed Viewing Gallery and the Carriage Shop Viewing Gallery.
- The Standard 4 group, Eastleigh Railway Preservation Society, 80150 and the Urie Locomotive Society will be at Ropley showcasing their work, so come along and find out about what they have been up to.
- Want to see the restorations up close and hear about what we have been doing? Join us on a guided tour through our workshops at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm and 3.20pm. Tours start at the 'Tour board' on Platform 2, Ropley.
- An exhibition on 'Women on the Railway' will be on display in the Viewing Gallery at Ropley as part of the Heritage Open Days 'Extraordinary Women' theme this year. Find out about the various jobs that women did on the railways from 1850 to the end of 1945.
- The Freight train will be operating a service from Alresford (departing at 11.15 and 13.35) and Alton (departing at 12.40 and 15.00) with 'Queen Mary' brake van rides for a donation.
- Come along to Medstead & Four Marks for the Wagon Group Yard Tours (for a donation).
- View the progress on 80150 from the far end of the car park at Alresford (next to the Goods Shed). The groups sales stand will be located in the Station Master's Parlour at Ropley.
- Watch two films in the Viewing Gallery at Ropley - Railwaywomen and Bundles for Berlin.
For the Open Weekend only, Alresford shop will be offering 5% discount to all MHRPS members on production of a valid membership card.
NB. This offer only applies to Alresford shop. It can not be redeemed in other MHR shops and can not be used in conjunction with any other offers. A valid membership card must be shown at the time of the transaction to qualify.
Standard Travel Fares
|Child (age 2-16yrs)||£8|
|Child (under 2 yrs)||FREE|
|Disabled||One FREE adult carer per full fare paying|
|disabled child or adult|
Parking is available at Alton or Alresford stations and Bighton Hill car park:
Alresford, Station Road SO24 9JG: 30p per hour, £1.50 for over 4 hours (free Sundays and public holidays). Coin only. This car park is operated by Winchester City Council. Disabled parking available.
Alton, Station Road GU34 2PZ: £7.50 weekdays and £2 weekends/bank holidays (pay with card or over the phone). This car park is operated by South West Trains. Disabled parking available.
Bighton Hill car park SO24 9SQ.
The Company does not guarantee that the trains will arrive or depart at the times stated and reserves the right to cancel, alter or suspend any train without notice, or to substitute a different train should this be necessary for whatever reason.