- Family Fun Days - take part in hands-on activities and explore behind the scenes on one of our mini tours.
- Harry Potter footbridge - walk in Harry's footsteps over the real King’s Cross bridge where Harry received his Hogwarts Express ticket in the film
- Young Engineers trail - pick up a free trail leaflet at Ropley and follow the route
- See restoration in action – visit the Viewing Gallery in the engineer sheds and watch the locomotives being restored from above
- Experience history first hand – visit all the heritage stations and exhibitions to come face to face with Victorian railways
- Ride our miniature railway – free with Standard travel tickets and runs during every special event and every Saturday in April up to the end of October
- Children's activity sheets – complete activity sheets with colouring in, puzzles, games and quizzes for different ages
- South-facing picnic areas - with picnic benches near by so you can enjoy your lunch over looking the Loco Yard whilst your children play
- Children's picnic - pick up a children's picnic box from the West Country Buffet at Alresford station with a selection of delicious treats to enjoy at one of our picnic spots or even on the train!
- Gift shop and toys - pop into our shop at Alresford with a fantastic range of gifts including Thomas the Tank Engine sets, party bag fillers, books, sweets and lots more!
Or simply chat to our friendly station staff to learn more about the railway - if the signalman isn't busy, why not take a peek inside the signal box or say hello to the driver while the train takes on water.
We also run a variety of family events throughout the year including:
- Day Out With Thomas
- Wizard Weekend
Did you know you can have your children's birthday party with us? We offer packages with or without a train ride.
There are lots of children's activitysheets for you to download on our Railway Fun page.